Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A father and a friend


A daughter is a little girl who grows up to be a friend.-- Author Unknown

I'm hoping that one day all of my daughters will read this post. I know that our family is relatively young and you girls are growing before my eyes. I still remember each one of you as a babies all fat and chubby. I miss holding you girls like little babies and sometimes I wish I can go back there but I know that you all have to grow. Believe it or not I miss the diaper changing, the burping, the feedings. You girls hold a special place in my heart, always.

I want you to know that you can come to me if you need to talk. Any situation, it does not matter, I am always here. I am your father, and a friend. You girls define who I am. I already have some wonderful memories and I know there are more to come . I have learned so much from all of you already. Just by watching you guys I have learned that if I fall someone will always be there to pick me up. I have learned that it is ok to share my emotions whenever I need to, someone will always listen. I have also learned just by watching you guys that life is like a box of crayola crayons. It's ok to color life a bright blue or green or maybe even a purple. Whatever color I feel compelled to use.

I have learned that when you girls chase each other around the house, maybe I can chase life and chase after my own dreams with a little more enthusiasm and gusto. I have also learned it is ok to give and receive hugs whenever I feel like it.
Just talk to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment