Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Looking forward to Turkey day?



Thanksgiving is around the corner. Time to stuff our faces with turkey, dressing, mash potatoes, veggies , and all the trimmings. The holiday season is upon us. I love Thanksgiving because it is all about giving "thanks" and spending time with all of the family. Usually after Halloween our family starts debating about which house Thanksgiving will be at. It is a fierce debate. My parents have hosted Thanksgiving every year since we were kids. It is time for my parents to sit back and just show up. We will take care of the rest.

Sometimes the Thanksgiving debate between my brothers and sisters is about who is going to bring what dish. I have brought different items throughout the years. (Actually my wife has made different items I just attach my name to it!) Since I have a lot of brothers and sisters there is always a lot of food. Tons of leftovers too. Thanksgiving also means plenty of football including the Dallas Cowboys.

I have a lot to be thankful for this Holiday season. My job is going well. I have been with the same company close to 8 years. My wife and kids have their health. My parents have their health. Al l of my brothers and sisters are doing well. We lost my mother in law recently but she is always with us in spirit 100 % of the time.

I have to make the rounds on Thanksgiving. It is a all day event. Here is my day:

  • Wake up at 9:00 am
  • Watch a bit of the Macy's Thanksgiving parade while getting dressed
  • Help get the kids ready
  • Don't forget the salad or mashed potatoes
  • Go to my family's house
  • Eat
  • Watch the Dallas Cowboys (fall asleep)
  • Leave my family's house
  • Arrive at my wife's family's house
  • Eat again (I'm really stuffed)
  • Drink beer
  • Let my wife drive me home
  • Draw names for Christmas gift exchange
  • Debate on which house will host Christmas lunch/gift exchange
  • Eat leftovers for the next few days.

As you can see I have a busy schedule on this day. I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment