Sunday, June 6, 2010

A letter to my daughters about BP Petroleum











Dear daughters,

As you can see from the pictures above BP Petroleum has created a ecological disaster. I'm not sure the reasons behind the explosion. There has been rumors of safety shortcuts, I really don't know. I do know that good men were lost and marine animals are suffering. There are pictures of birds and crabs covered in oil. There are dead dolphins coming to shore.

Drilling companies are always in search of oil for a profit. BP Petroleum was in the Gulf of Mexico for that same reason. Men make mistakes for several reasons. This is a big mistake that can be attributed to man. What are we going to do about it? BP Petroleum is taking the lead and trying to correct the situation along with the U.S government. I just know that Americans in this area are suffering because their livelihood has been taken away. It will be years before it is cleaned up. There are even reports that the oil is drifting to Florida and is there now. I just hope that we can visit there when everything is clean. I would love for you to run your little feet on the nice beaches in the Gulf Coast one day.

Love your Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment