Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The human family


I finally had some time to sit down and watch the Vancouver Winter Olympics this past week. I was watching with my 7 year old daughter when she asked me "What do all of those flags mean from these different countries? And are these people from these countries different from me?" After thinking about this question for a few minutes I replied.

"No these people from different countries are just part of a bigger family.They are part of the human race which we are a part of. They are all your brothers and sisters." Her eyes lit up. I also went on to say "just because they speak a different language we all call the earth home. We all breathe the same air."

I did not want to get too deep with her on that subject but she understood what I was saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment