Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A apology letter to my daughters: I am about to tie up the TV with NFL football




Dear daughters and wife,

I am about to tie up the main TV for a few months with NFL football. As you know I like watching all teams especially the Dallas Cowboys. You probably are wondering why I follow the Dallas Cowboys after they have let me down the last couple of years? Like any Cowboy fan I hope that each year will be the year they get past the first round of the playoffs. As you are aware there will be no Jessica Simpson or Terrell Owens shenanigans, so I know the team will be trying their best.

I am apologizing in advance that we will not be watching the Disney Channel, Nickelodeon and ABC Family. We will have to do without the Wizards of Waverly Place, High School Musical, Degrassi, Ruby and the Rockets, Jonas, Hannah Montana. The Suite Life of Zach and Cody, Sonny with a Chance and Phineas and Ferb. You had a good run on the main TV this summer. Now it is my turn.

Maybe you can all become fans of the game? There is some exciting things to watch this year in the NFL with Brent Favre going to the Vikings and Terrell Owens going to Buffalo. Even Michael Vick going to the Eagles (you guys know about him.) So there is some stuff brewing this year in the NFL as you can see. I will explain whatever you need to know about the game . I will explain what routes the receivers are running. I will teach you about the blitz and how to listen for an audible from a quarterback. I will also explain why the referee throws that yellow handkerchief on the field.

So the good thing girls is that we will have the refrigerator stocked with drinks, chips, wings, and other goodies for our football viewing pleasure. So daughters I hope you will come and join me every Sunday, Monday and Thursday night for some NFL football. Who knows maybe one day we will make it to a Dallas Cowboys game at their new billion dollar stadium. Let me save up first!

P.S- Careful Brent Favre I read this morning that the Packers want some shots at you ( girls I will explain the injury he gets at that time!)



No comments:

Post a Comment