Saturday, June 20, 2009

Bring em back for one day!!!!

Growing up in the seventies and the eighties in San Antonio, it was a honor to frequent some of the local department stores and restaurants. If I had the power to bring some of these places back I would in a heartbeat. I am not sure if these places would survive in today's economic environment, but it would still be fun to see them back. This is "Puro San Antonio."

My favorite department stores as a kid:

  • Gibson's on Bandera road (Mom bought my school supplies there.)
  • Winn's on Bandera road (Candy galore. My mom bought my cross country shoes there.)
  • Rhode's in Wonderland Mall
  • Tom Mcann shoes in Wonderland Mall
  • Shopper's World
  • Globe
  • Kress
  • Joske's (Especially during the holidays.)
  • Toy Box in Wonderland Mall
  • Kiddie City Toy Store (My parents spent alot of money there.)
My favorite fast food restaurants as a kid:
  • First Mate Fish
  • GW Jr's
  • Shakey's
  • Pizza Inn
  • Whopper Burger
  • Fargo's
  • Lucas Pizza Ingram Mall
  • Jeepers

My favorite grocery stores as a kid:

  • Deluxe
  • Food City
  • Piggly Wiggly
  • Buds Foodliner
  • Heb Bodega

Things were so simple back then. There are more things that I need to mention. And I will in future blogs you can count on it. Kids enjoy your childhoods. Don't be in a hurry to grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment