Saturday, June 27, 2009

Letter to my mother in law


Hi Mom,

Just wanted to let you know that we are doing fine. Your daughter Veronica and your grandchildren Monica, Mia, Sofie and Brianna are doing great. Veronica (Ronnie) is a wonderful wife. She takes care of our children, she takes care of the house, she takes care of her husband. I know mom that we can drive your daughter crazy sometimes but she is strong. You raised a very good daughter. I know that she is molding our daughters into her likeness which is all I can ask.

Monica is doing great in school. She graduated elementary school with honors. She is heading into 6th grade in the fall. I got her a cell phone for doing so well this past school year. She loves spending the night at her best friend's house. Monica is also in volleyball camp this summer and will soon be in band camp.

Mia is going into 2nd grade. She is still little and cute as a button. She has cute little glasses. She is very smart. She asks alot of questions which is good. She is reading on a higher level than most kids her age. She said that she is looking forward to getting into orchestra later on in fifth grade. She is looking forward to getting into drama and choir in 6th grade.

Sofie is in daycare. She was going to a school across the highway from me but I withdrew her as soon as my company relocated. She is in the daycare right next to my office. She has many friends there. They are learning how to write their name and read. They have a little pool there. They get to go into the wading pool in the early afternoon before it gets to hot. She still has her crooked smile which makes me smile every time I see it. You would too.

Brianna is doing great. She is also going into 6th grade. She is still involved in all kinds of activities at her school. She is tall like her dad. She is maturing very fast. Even though Veronica is just her step mother you still treated her just like one of your own which I am grateful.

I am hanging in there. It is not easy mom supporting a family in this type of economic environment. My company downsized. I had to relocate to a different part of town. We have been very fortunate with our jobs. I believe things are slowly starting to look up. I believe the economy is coming around. I am not perfect by any means. I don't claim to be. I am trying to be the best dad I can be and the best husband.

We miss you very much. Your daughter Veronica misses you very much. I try to be strong for her and console her the best that I can. It is tough. Your grandchildren ask about you everyday. I tell them that you are up in heaven watching over them . When I am driving Sofie to school every day she sees the clouds up above .Sofie wants to know which cloud you are living on . I tell her you are living on the biggest, whitest cloud up there. We are keeping you spirit alive down here. Look in on us from time to time. I am supporting and protecting your daughter and grandchildren the best that I can.

Love your Son in law,

Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment