Tuesday, June 30, 2009

To blog or not to blog

Is blogging for you? It is if you have a passion for the craft. Do you like to write? Do you have something to say? Who is your target audience? These are all questions only you can answer. I love blogging for several reasons. I love to write. I can write at anytime. I can write anywhere. I love writing about my family. Of course my family gives me alot of inspiration. Business also gives me alot if inspiration.



There are several advantages to blogging. According to the FutureBuzz.com. Some of the advantages of blogging are:

  • Blogging demonstrates true commitment and passion to your industry that you really can't fake long term.

  • Old articles are valuable and still read years later, given infinite life by engines.

  • You own your own work in a self hosted blog and are in total control of how it is presented.

  • Cumulative results over time from blogging. Each posting adds incremental value to your site as a whole.

  • Flexibility with layout.

So what's the problem? Don't you want total creative control of your own blog? Then start writing. You have seen some of the benefits above. Pick any topic you like. The sky is the limit on how long or short you want to write. Do you have something to say? Then start blogging. No helmet required (see picture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment