Monday, July 13, 2009

Spurs getting back into "NBA title" shape


I am encouraged and hopeful about the Spurs off-season moves. I had read in the local paper that the Spurs lineup for 2009-2010 would be different. I love my Spurs. I have silver and black flowing through my veins. I was getting tired of the Spurs playoff hopes riding on a Manu Ginobili.

Gone are Fabricio Oberto, Kurt Thomas and Bruce Bowen. Oberto spent much of last season suffering from atrial fibrillation or a irregular heart rhythm. His playing time was very limited as a result of his heart problem. Kurt Thomas was another big bodied player that saw his minutes diminish during last years playoffs. Bruce Bowen will one day have his Spurs jersey retired and it will soon hang from the AT&T rafters with the rest of the Spurs greats. I will miss Bruce Bowen's "in your face" defense.

The Spurs brought in scoring forward Richard Jefferson, forward Antonio Mcdyess and the 37th pick Dejuan Blair from Pitt. Blair earned co-Big East player of the year honors. The Spurs also added a former lottery pick in Marcus Haislip, a forward-center who will add some depth to the Spurs backcourt.

Don't forget Duncan, Parker and Ginobili teaming up with this new group. These are all hopeful signs. It tells me that Spurs owner Peter Holt is investing in the team's future. It also does not hurt if the Spurs win another championship or two along the way.



Go Spurs Go!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment